Happy Moments with New Seek-and-Find Puzzles
A puzzle, an educational tool, a detective game and a beautiful addition to a room's decor... Is it possible to combine it all into one thing? It is now! We invite you to take a closer look at "Search-and-Find" puzzles.
Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to spend your free time. It can be breathtaking or very relaxing; you can puzzle alone or in large company, in any weather and at any age. But do you know when the world first learned about puzzles?
The inventor of puzzles is considered to be John Spilsbury, who in the 18th century in England, being a member of the Royal Geographical Society, glued an image with a map of England and Wales on plywood and sawed it into pieces by county boundaries in order to diversify geography lessons for his students. John Spilsbury receives a patent for his invention and opens a store “Cartographers and Map Cutters on Wood”. His cut-up wooden maps become the new geography textbook. Back then, jigsaw puzzles were known as “dissected puzzles” or “dissections”. Puzzles became extremely popular in the early 1900s and experienced a revival during the Great Depression of the 1930s as inexpensive, reusable entertainment. Another revival began after World War II, and puzzles have remained a popular pastime ever since.
Nowadays there are many educational games which have been developed in the niche of puzzles, like Rubik's cube, Sudoku, Scrabble, cryptograms, and more. However, we will draw our focus to special jigsaw puzzles, an innovative type which has appeared quite recently – Spot-and-Find puzzles or Search & Find puzzles or Hidden Image Jigsaw Puzzles as they call them. No matter how these puzzles are called in different countries, their main principle remains the same: at first, you should build the puzzle and then find the hidden images within the puzzle.
Search & Find puzzles became more and more popular among adults and kids withing the last year. They usually consist of a solid number of pieces, for example 1000 pieces puzzle for adults and 60-100 pieces puzzle for kids and have frame around puzzle’s main image that comprises various objects depicted in the main image. Usually Hidden Image Jigsaw Puzzles are accompanied by a certain legend or story and related tasks. This allows you to extend the fun of the game, unlike regular jigsaw puzzles. In addition, you can involve friends, family or colleagues in such an interesting activity.
Also, Hidden Image Jigsaw Puzzles are a great educational toy for children of all ages: from toddlers to teenagers. Jigsaw Puzzles improve our logical thinking and are fun to solve. They are beneficial for cognitive, emotional, and social growth of children. Here are five benefits of doing puzzles regularly:
- Puzzling can be considered a complete exercise for brains because it trains both the right and left sides. The right side is responsible for intuitive thinking, creativity and emotions while the left side is responsible for logic, objectivity, and methodical thinking.
- When doing a puzzle, especially if the pieces are very similar, it is extremely important to pay attention to the details. You need to train your eyes to find small differences in shapes and colors that will help complete the picture. The ability to grasp small details can help us in all areas of our lives, especially at work. When we are more detailed and accurate, the quality of our work usually improves.
- Picking up, moving and twisting the pieces of a puzzle help children to develop finger strength and hand-eye coordination. As children pick up and position pieces, they also develop small-muscle control in their fingers. These skills will be very helpful while learning how to write and type.
- The experience of completing a puzzle can also help your child learn to accept challenges, overcome problems, and deal with frustrations. It can help develop patience, accuracy, more critical thinking, and better adaptive skills.
- One more benefit lies in the scientific fact that puzzling increases brain production of dopamine. This is neurotransmitter responsible for regulating happiness and optimism. It also affects learning, memory, concentration, and motivation.
These are just a few examples of why solving puzzles is useful and has a positive effect on child development. Now add to the usual process of puzzling the principle of Look & Find puzzles. After solving a jigsaw puzzle, children are typically interested in learning more about the assembled image. Therefore, they ask their parents some questions about things they see in the puzzle. It is a great way to discover many different topics that could be presented on puzzle. For example, it could be animals or plants, professions or social roles, buildings or means of transportation, food or furniture and more. This could help children to develop their speech and improve vocabulary while learning new words.
Another great feature of Hidden Picture puzzles is the ability to unite. Unite family, friends of all ages or colleagues. It is a great way to spend time both for new acquaintances for a quiet team-building activity and for close friends for a cozy evening. It develops such important soft skills of cooperation, mutual assistance and teamwork. In addition to the collaborative process of assembling puzzles, Search & Find one turns into a real board game with its own tasks, strategies and challenges.
Some Look-and-Find puzzles are used as a permanent teaching aid and puzzling process can be repeated over the time with same curiosity and passion of the learners. Some parents tend to use these puzzles as a great stylish addition to their kids’ rooms. Look & Find puzzle is a wonderful learning tool, educational decor, and a great gift for you dearest at the same time.
Quokka has developed a new line of these special jigsaw puzzles for kids ages 3 years and above. High-quality materials, detail vibrant images, unique puzzle shapes and favorite kids’ themes will conquer the hears of young puzzle lovers. Puzzles are combined in the set of two puzzles with comfirtable storage boxes.
The first set gives a detailed representation of wild animals from tropical forests, jungles, savannahs, and polar animals. These Hidden Image puzzles allow you in a fun and playful way to learn with your child who is a rhino and who is a seal, where they live and who are their neighbors.
60 Pieces Look & Find Floor Puzzles for Kids: Wild Rainforest and Polar Animals
The second set of our Look & Find kids’ puzzles allows you to spend amazing time with kids while exploring the world of animals that live in the forests and diving into the mysterious underwater world.
60 Pieces Look & Find Floor Puzzles for Kids: Wild Forest and Ocean Animals
Finishing jigsaw puzzles images gives the feeling of achievement to your kids which is important at an early age.